Quick question on Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Runtime
Just need a quick pointer to a recent motherboard. My current one is a Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro. Apparently it's now a bit out of date, so I need a recent equivalent. Doesn't need anything new, though preferably still have all the old one did. All I actually use that I can think of is 2 DDR ram slots and a PCIx16 for my Geforce 7600GT. I also have a pentium 4 3.0ghz if that helps. Also I'm looking for something under $200 AUD, which is about $150 USD.

What exctly do you mean by "recent"? Motherboards themselves don't really go out of date, just their interfaces. If it utilizes DDR2 and PCI-E, and you're happy with the chipset, there's no point in getting a new one...

Well I was told by a guy (that was trying to screw me) that they're out of date, I got it 18 months ago, so I decided to check my usual computer dealer. Mind you they do suck and I would have gone elsewhere if somewhere was open on a sunday. Anyway, they didn't have any of my mother board in stock, they only had one that was the same but only duo, not duo pro. They didn't intend on getting anymore, so I assumed the thing had become outdated.

There is no reason not to keep that board, its not faulty is it?? It supports DDR2 and is PCIEx16.

Well the current one I have I believe is faulty, so I'll prob have to replace it. I was just wondering what I should replace it with. But if its still fine then I'll look around a bit and find somewhere I can get the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom