-URGENT PLEASE LOOK- I swapped my video cables, MS want me to reactivate Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neebs

Baseband Member
What the...

Ok, here's a recap of the acitvities leading up to this.

Today, I got up, turned on my computer, messed around on the net for about 15 minutes, and went to work. I didn't install anything or change anything. Came back a few hours later, and installed all the stuff that came with my DVD drive (Nero, etc. and I believe a firmware update). I didn't install the firmware, it tryed up I canceled it. Later, a few minutes ago, I changed my DVI output to VGA output to see the difference (and to prove to my dad VGA sucks). Booting up to VGA, I get a Windows must be reactivated...hardware has changed significantly. Significantly?
Boot up to DVI, still gives it! Windows XP support $35? Bugger that!

Now, I'm ok with reactivating...but I want a little info. Do I just activate like I did when I installed Windows with the same activation key? Isn't there a way I can talk to someone at Microsoft for free?

I'm a LITTLE mad I have to reactivate...but I know i have to.

By the way, I do own a legit copy of Windows. Its Windows Media Center 2005 OEM...a one pack.

Ok...how do i talk to MS for free?

And now, I tried to activate Windows, and it saying I'm out of uses...so there goes your first answer.

talk to the people at microsoft.

tell them you're story and get them to reactivate your key.

Turns out they don't really care if it's legit or not, the tech support just wants you to get lost.

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom