Slowdown - Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to activate the program, but the gray box warning message just bounces back when i try to authorise the program...

Also, often when i try to download such things, i get an error message, something about a missing shell + other reasons why the program did not start....

Uhm, very weird. What do you mean by "bounces back" and "authorize the program". CPU-Z is a very small and simple program, you shouldn't have any problems running it.

Was the PC on when the power surge happened? If so, from what you say this might just be a that Windows got a bit messed up. However I'm still a bit intrigued about the 384MB. It's an odd amount to have with four modules.

Keep trying with CPU-Z. Remember, just download the file from the site I gave you, then extract the contents (with Winzip, Winrar, even WinXP) to any folder in your computer (doesn't matter where). The go to that folder and run cpuz.exe.

I don't see CPU-Z on that site. I searched for it but it's only mentioned in the forums.:(

Sorry i don't know the proper terminology for all these things - i'm just looking at it as a layman...

This gray rectangle shows up & asks me if i want to proceed with the install...i click on yes, it vanishes for a sec then comes back...

Related topic: can i safely remove these progs to free up space?

(i use my PC only for surfing web & email):

Broadjump client foundation
J2SE Runtime Enviro 5.0 Update 6
Quicktime
Windows media player sys update (i already can't open videos anyway).

Replikant said:
I don't see CPU-Z on that site. I searched for it but it's only mentioned in the forums.:(

Here's the website. Download link is on upper left corner "Download Latest version: CPU-Z 1.37". Here's a screenshot:

Download, unpack to any folder, run cpuz.exe. There's nothing to "install".

This gray rectangle shows up & asks me if i want to proceed with the install...i click on yes, it vanishes for a sec then comes back...
Related topic: can i safely remove these progs to free up space?

What on God's green earth are you installing?? CPU-Z is all you need and it doesn't need to be installed (just copied). Close that install window and never open it again :).

I put it aside for now since i don't understand the terms. I did remove a couple items i thought were safe & now i can't order things from any websites - the item form bounces back empty when i click on Order or View Cart or the button just doesn't do anything. Help!:(

Haha. Maybe you should just backup your sensitive data and format & reinstall Windows. A fresh Windows is always a good thing.

Pal, not everyone has your extraterrestrial knowledge of PCs. I'm a writer, not a tekkie. I'll try the CC site & see if somebody there can be more helpful.I appreciate Meithan's help, it's just that this kind of thing probably needs to be done one on one & not online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom