Master/Slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
master is the primary HD
slave is the secondary

its labeled on ur HD where to place the Dip switches

put the hdd on the primary ide channel (blue connector on the motherboard) and look on the top of the drive to find the jumper settings for it to be master. The jumpers are on the end of the drive and you have to take a little platic covered jumper of the pins and move it to the proper spot. Put the cd drive as the master on the secondary ide channel (black/or white connector on the mother board) with another cable. This works the best but you can have them on the same cable, just put the hdd on the end connector and the cd drive on the connector that is in the middle, and set the jumpers on the hdd to master and the jumpers on the cd to slave.

Maybe you should have someone walk you threw it then because that's as straight forward as I can say it. The real question should be is why are you worried about this? If it boots then leave it alone if you don't know what you are doing.

it don't boot that is the prop, originally it said protection error, system haulted and so i reset my bios and now it won't boot, i need to change emback

have you gone into the bios and set to boot from the hdd first? if it is and you still have problems, on the back of the harddrive, between the place where the power connector plugs in and where the data cable plugs in(ide) there should be a spot that has 6 pins, and 2 of them should be covered. on the hardrive itself, either on the lid, or on the bottom of the hdd by the jumpers, it should tell you which ones do what. make sure the hdd is set to master, and the dvd/cd/whatever is set to slave, or put the cd on the other ide channel.

just a question, what brand/model number is the mobo and hdd, or if you dont know, what is the brand of the pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom