Looking to buy LAPTOP [Please HELP] :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8boarder1414

Baseband Member
Hey guys, well I was wanting to buy a laptop for myself, I don't want to go too high in price so lets try and keep this under $1,100. I want something that is fast possibly 1 gb ram, 80 gigs, 512 ram is still fine, I know more about pcs rather than laptops, so I'm not too sure whats good.

If you could, list a few good deals you came across on the internet.

NO EBAY LISTINGS, just sites like ncix or newegg, i havent found anything special yet but please try and tell me some good places to check or an actual link to a deal.

If it has software like microsoft word and powerpoint that's a plus, I'm pretty sure you gotta buy it seperately these days though right? If not list me a laptop with the software that comes with it. THANKS GUYS!

AV and office software is required to be bought seperately...
What will you be using this laptop for?
Check out this one, it's pretty good and in your price range:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834224054

Some ppl might recommend the brand Acer to you, I really don't like that brand. I repair laptops at my work and I see too many of them with enough bad problems that I can't recommend them.
ABS and HP/Compaq are brands I like. try configuring a lappy on either of their sites.

Dell e1505....i got mine for 1300 cad (with complete care ANYTHING happens you get a new one warrenty) which is about 1100 usd and it has

Core 2 duo 1.83
2 Gigs of ram
80 gig hd
X1400 video card up grade
Battery upgrade
Operating system up grade
3 months free internet

and so oon. Like I said this price also include a 3 year complete care warrenty so if I smash it spill on it ect I get a replacement. Make sure you look for eebates and negotiate with the rep on the phone.

assuming you dont want to do any gaming and dont want to be able to run vista smoothly then yes its a decent deal

That laptop is made for web surfing and playing music, not really anything more. It's fine if that's all you do but you'll want a new one before 2 years have passed and I think you'll be unsatisfied. You'll want a higher end proc (at least a Turion/Centrino) and 512mb-1gb of ram, plus decent video none of that intel integrated/sis garbage.

Dell Laptops are pretty nice, and run good, but if you can, ask what batteries they have in the model.

If it has a Sony battery, you'd better be wearing some protective clothing :p

The batteries were recalled.

I wouldn't put it past them; Sony is the company taking the monetary hit from the recall, not Dell.
Anyways I'm not a fan of Dell laptops. Unless it's a high end Inspiron or XPS model they seem to be somewhat poor. Not as reliable as other brands, they run hot (bad for the comonents), and many memory upgrades are proprietary, so it'll cost you more to do this down the road. I like ABS for higher end, HP/Compaq for everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom