HUGE pagefile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonmon6691

In Runtime
I recently installed 2x1gb dual channel cards in addition to the 2x256mb already in there filling all 4 slots (2.5gb total for the arithmetic challenged) but after only a couple of hours of use (5-8) the page file reaches sizes of 2.8gb and i get warnings of low memory and i cant do things like hibernate. I have verified that the memory is in fact recognized. But I've noticed extremely high amounts of memory being consumed by Firefox 2.0 (over 250mb after 1 hour of use) im wondering if i might have done something that causes it to consume more than normal because thats Definatly more that usual!
clip_image002.jpg

I don't think that's his problem, I think he's asking why his RAM useage is so high just for running Windows and basic tasks.

I think it's normal for a pagefile to be that big, but I don't think it's normal for that much of it to be in use...

yea its normal for it to be that big, if you have enough space on your hard drive i would create a seperate partition for the pagefile and make it a permanent pagefile (making the min and max size the same) the pagefile for xp should be 1.5 times the amount of ram you have to make it large enough for a memory dump if ur comp crashes, this would speed your comp up a lot and hopefully fix that problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom