"a disk read error has occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cream_cheese

Beta member
Maybe someone here can help me.

When I start my laptop I get a 'a disk read error has occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart'

I do and the same message appears.

So I decided to reinstall windows, but when it's about to start i get another error message saying "a problem has occurred restoring factory image drive"

:confused: I dont know what to do.

either ur HD is failing or a virus
go on a different system get Kaspersky anti-virus, update it, create a rescue disk, run the rescue disk on system boot.
it will run and scan as well as delete any virus affecting the HD

Im not so good with computers. The only other computer I have has Norton already. How do I make a rescue disk?

first things first , u need to get the kaspersky anti-virus i mentioned, heres a link where u can get the trail (dont know if it includes the rescue disk or not, but u can try) : http://www.kaspersky.com/trials

if it doesn't include it then post back

these are the steps to make a rescue disk:
>open up kaspersky, click on service
>then click rescue disk (warning u must have SP2 installed on WINxp)
>u must also hav a blank CD to continue (u can try putting it on a flash drive but i never tried )
>click on start wizard, and follow there steps
>after ur done ur gona have to use rescue disk as a boot device on ur system, so when u start the computer hit F8 and click boot from cd or if ur using the flash then click Other Device, and it will boot from the rescue disk and get rid of the viruses

hope this helped

Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it man.

I got kaspersky and they have the rescue disk. It's asking me for a PE Builder and windows xp service pack 2 installation CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom