QuAd CoRe AnYoNe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
shoot me for being pedantic but havoc seems to be the only person who has actually done any research into or built an MP system seeing as he chose an appropriately achievable configuration, where all the people who keep saying they are going to use multiple kentsfield's are smoking crack because as far as i know they have no MP support i.e. single processor system use only.

Hmm... Yes... Shallow and pedantic.

petergriffin.jpg

Finally Kentsfield is here why is everyone complaining about price thats how much the e6800's cost when they came out, and you want to brag im getting an HP integrity superdome with 64 Itanium2 processore,512gb of ram and 2 petabytes of storage

i don't see anybody selling these quad-cores yet.. but i'll keep my eye on it.. can't wait to see them in peoples rigs, see what the oc'er's get in benchmarks

Anyone catch a place selling one of these bad boys yet? Do you expect it to drive lower end conroes prices down at all, even 10 bucks? That would be kinda nice. Wondering how long it will take for Intel to come out with its true quad core. Everyone talks about how AMD is coming out with "true" quad core and it seems that nobody thinks Intel has any plans for a such a product, which they are obviously trying to develop.

the fact is they are not trying very hard and are deliberately cutting corners......again. one of the pitfalls of the Pentium D was that it was made of two processor dies on a chip with one core each as opposed to AMD's two cores on a single processor die. with the Core 2 Duo they rectified this to have both cores on a single die only to cut corners again and use two dies for the Core 2 Quad. in other words Intel prides beating AMD to a release date over having a well finished and well polished design. they used an identical shortcut two years in a row to make sure AMD was behind on the release of their product.

Indeed, and now that AMD knows what it's up against, I'm sure they will crank out something that will put Conroes in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom