dvd rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

atopork

Baseband Member
hi I have a nividia 7900gt witch is hd ready, Im just about to invest in a 20" widescreen TFT witch is hd ready.

My question is do i need a new dvd rom to watch hd dvds or can my normal dvd rom do the trick

I don't think a normal dvd rom can play HD DVD. But you can try it and see if if works first.

No, you do not need an HD-DVD player in your computer. If you watch a regular DVD through the screen, it should look perfectly fine. If you had a 62" HD TV, you might notice some distortion.

Ok, well they won't work in a regular DVD ROM. They are a different format, and just plain won't work.

no you cannot play HD-DVD in a regular dvd-rom drive, also regulaard dvd is 480p while hd-dvd is 1090p or1080i, also what resolution does your monitor support? 480,720,1080? blu ray wont work on a dvd-rom either although nero infotool says my dvd-ram drive reads BD but i havent tried it yet, on a different note imo I think Blu-Ray is going to win the format war since it has more space on a single disc than hd-dvd that is why PS3 is gonna kick Xbox;s ***, but if you want a true hd experience you will need a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player, a tv with an hdmi input,hdmi cables, and a monitor or tv that supports 1080p, or try getting an XHD monito from dell or apple

^i disagree i really dont think blue ray is going to make it very far.

sure it can hold more space but thats it.

all movie companies have dropped blue ray and went to hd dvd except for fox,disney, and sony

true i think when those 50Tb discs come out bluray is going the way of MD UMD and Ms Players, but for now BluRay is better you can jam 25Gb worth of data on it while HD-DVD only 15Gb hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom