Half Ram Being Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leGitlikewhaa

Baseband Member
OK.. so i've had my computer for 2 years.. or year and a half.. and i think i've been running on half speed this whole time for my ram.. i have a motherboard which only has 3 slots for ram.. i have no idea on how to fix the speed... here is my specs on cpu-z and btw the ram was bought the same time and are the same brand and speed. IDENTICAL.

I start with one ram and put it in the ddr slot 1. It works with 200mhz speed

I take it out and put my other 512 ram in and same thing. works with 200mhz speed.

I stick both rams in, in ddr slot 1 and ddr slot 2. My computer hits a blue screen of death and restarts before i can even read the error. It loads windows but when it hits the desktop it stops responding.

I stick both rams in, in ddr slot 1 and ddr slot 3. Computer cant load windows.

I stick both rams in ddr slot 2 and 3. This comes up on CPU-Z:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2264/compspecslp7.jpg

Have I been missing out on half of my RAM? I really would appreciate a solution.

thank you

looks to me like ur timing table are set as default

200mhz is the Max ur RAM can handle

e.g: (1)CAS# Latency- 2.0 is 133mhz (currently using)
(2) ......................2.5 is 166mhz
(3)......................3.0 is 200mhz

(1)RAS# to CAS#- 2 is 133mhz (currently using)
(2)...................... 3 is 166mhz
(3)...................... 3 is 200mhz

(1)RAS# Precharge- 2 is 133mhz (currently using)
(2)........................... 3 is 166mhz
(3)........................... 3 is 200mhz

(1)Cycle Time (TRAS)- 6 is 133mhz (currenty using)
(2)............................ 7 is 166mhz
(3) ............................ 8 is 200mhz

nice.. well hope this works.. if anyone else has any solutions let me know... just in case this wont work.. or im too stupid to figure it out

UPDATE: I put both the rams on in both ddr slot 1 and ddr slot 2. I think my motherboard does not support dual channeling rams as my CPU-Z said single channel still. BUT my computer ran long enough for me to open up cpu-z and it had both my rams showing up and running at 200mhz then it restarted... Like my computer has trouble loading up certain things and tells me that blah blah blah could not load up.. I cleaned my start up menu in msconfig, and still my computer restarts.

so should i just keep it in ddr slot 2 and 3? and run it at 100.5mhz =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom