Help with beep codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerz

Solid State Member
Hi, im running on Phoenix Bios but the computer gives me one long beep and three short beep. which section should i look under? the 1-3-3-3 or etc etc? how do i intepret the number into long/ short beep
thanks!

if i may ask wat are ur specs?

are u running one of these BIOS's: (PHOENIX BIOS Q3.07 OR 4.X) ?

sounds like ur having RAM problem, either its failing or it needs to be cleared or reseated.

pull out the RAM for like 5 min and put it back in.

if ur still getting problems then reseat the RAM , or reseat it to a different slot.

if still getting problems then run a memtest to check for errors:
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html

well. i just bought this PC from somone. and it has Abit AV8 with 3rd eye motherboard running Athlon 3500+ and 2x512MB ram.
the LED shows me error of 87 and 9C and then 9D which then i contact the Abit technical support which refers me to my power supply. I know personally that the power supply works just fine and i have tried many other methods from changing ram positions to clearing BIOS. I'm not that good at computer hardware so i wonder if anyone understand what problems im getting?

Ok. what does Setup power management means?
how do i fix it.
sorry for asking so many questions and thanks so much for all ur help =)

the problem is the pc never boots up ;/
it just gives the long beep and 3 short beep and then shuts down

hav u tried using only 1 RAM stick and reseating it into all the slots , and then doing the same thing to the other stick?
(im guessing u did)

try plugging the RAM it into a different system and run the memtest, unless ur computer can at least POST

ive tried almost anything i can think off with another working PC PSU, video card, and ram. nothing works for me. i dont know what else i can do =/

try from barebone and see if it at Least POST's
unplugg everything besides the RAM, CPU, PSU, Graphic card (unless theres mobo default graphics then use that)
if it POSTS start plugging everything one piece at a time and see when it starts giving u errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom