Stuck on Verifying DMI Pool Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

sz9182

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I thought I'd give it a shot.
I have a custom computer
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
2.70 ghz
512 ram
120 GB hard drive
Radeon 9800 Pro 256 MB
Windows XP Professional

I tried to reformat earlier because of all the spyware and viruses that only seemed to get worse. This is what I did:
I put the Windows XP Professional CD into the disk tray.
I clicked Install Windows XP
I clicked New Installation (advanced)
I then pressed enter at the blue screen after a bunch of files were installed.

then we got to the screen where it told me to select the partition, and I wasn't too sure on what to do so I exited.
I then tried to restart my computer and it is now stuck at Verifying DMI Pool along with 2 Boot from CD...
I tried boot with the Windows XP CD as first boot sequence, but it still didn't work.
I can't even get into safe mode.
The windows xp cd doesn't load.
Am I doing something wrong?
Anyways thanks for taking your time to read this, hopefully someone can post a solution, causing me not to have to purchase a new hard drive.
Thanks again

clear nvram and start again. you wont be able to get into safe mode because the installation has already begun. go ahead ffr, look it up online/google for printable instrucions.

Do you think you can send me a link on instructions? I've looked through many websites and all i found was alt+e or alt+f and none of those work. Thanks

If you can get a windows 98 boot disk or better tet a windows xp boot disk set to load into your floppy drive that will get you over the hump. If you get to the partition part just choose the largest partition you have and format that one. That is if you dont mind losing everything on that drive.

You should always re-format when you install a new copy of an OS. Basically, all you did was replace the system files.

Yeah, I made a few errors.
But do you guys think theres anyway to fix this? if so can you post me a guide on how to fix it?
My intentions were to delete everything and reinstall windows because of all the spyware and viruses.
Thanks

Well, check your bios to make sure your CD-ROM drive is the first device set to boot from.
Make sure you delete your partition and create a new one at that menu, it won't wreck your hardrive.. It will also format it, then install new windows files.
Should walk you through the installation ounce the partition is deleted and windows starts installing files.

well, a format wont help at all until you fix the DMI problem. Clear the NVRAM first, if that doesn't work try removing any non essential hardare (floppy disk, etc) and see if it gets passed that. If no joy, then flash the bios. After that then you can continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom