Burning DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I have a DVD burner and I have yet to burn a DVD that will work in DVD players. I use two programs: DVD Shrink and Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6. Are there any other programs I should be using or is there a certain thing I need to do in one of those programs to get it to work?

dvd shrink is all you need. maybe there is something wrong with the medai or burner. how are you burning them (methods, options used in program)?

Well, Roxio has a program in it called DVD builder, but looks really complecated and I dont know how to use it. So, I have been using the Creator Classic option which I am more familiar with. But, does the creator classic put it in the format that it needs to be for dvds or do I have to learn to use the DVD builder?

i don't use the software you mentioned so i did not respond. the way i do it is by using only DVDshrink. assuming you want to just copy a movie like Lord of the Rings just put it the dvd drive, fire up DVDshrink. open the movie, and click the backup button. it will set all the compression by default. i never do it this way though. i always want to make sure that NO compression is used or at least use the minimum amount as possible.

so for that reason i go into "re-author" mode and drop the main movie into the editor. if there are scenes i do not want i will set the start and end frames to cut them out. i than double check to see what sound sources are available for the movie.

if it have both a 2channel & 5.1 soundtracks i will remove the 2channel track if i will burn it to DVD, if it will play from my hard disk will choose 2channel because my sound card is only stereo. if i see spanish, director's comments, ect sound tracks or something else i will remove them. this is all to make the movie near original high-quality video

than i just pop the blank DVD in and click the backup button to burn straight to the DVD

Well once I try what you said, I will let you know what happens from there. Thanks Sine.

When I click browse it doesnt show any of the other drives. It just shows files on the C: drive. Do I just tell it to burn to the E: drive or something?

when you are done and want to backup there should be a dropdown list. if you want to backup to a blank DVD select the DVD burner drive letter. if you do not have this option that is because you do not have NERO installed. DVDshrink uses the nero burn engine to create the DVD. if you have another burning software you can backup to hard disk first and than just create a standard video DVD and drop the files/ folders into the compilation

I've had 0 errors copying a DVD with DVD Shrink. This is what I do and is probablly a longer way of doing from what I just read ;-) but it works.

1) Create a folder for the movie on your C: drive. I have a DVD directory so it will look like this: C:\DVD\THE_MASK. In that same "THE_MASK" directory create two additional folders called "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS" (w/o the quotes of course). Be sure they are ALL CAPS.

2) Use DVD shrink to export all the files in compression to fit a standard DVD-R disc. Use the "backup" icon to extract all the files to the "VIDEO_TS" folder that you created for that paticular movie. So you will be exracting all the files to C:\DVD\THE_MASK\VIDEO_TS

3) Those folders are needed to build the needed structure of a DVD from what I have found. Please dont quote me on any of this I am just saying what has worked for me ;-) Then use NERO to create a "DVD MOVIE" and drop all the files from the "VIDEO_TS" folder into Nero's "VIDEO_TS" folder. The "AUDIO_TS" folder is blank. Then burn and bammm its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom