Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 quad-core CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
its great and all that they release something that fast.. but what would you seriously need it for.

to me, it means that dual core will be coming down soon. makes it easier for me to finally get a dual core LOL

fzk said:
its great and all that they release something that fast.. but what would you seriously need it for.
The General said:
^ So you can do twice as much as a dual-core?

I can't see any reason why advancement in computer hardware would be a bad thing. IT IS ALWAYS GOOD. You might not need it now, but then again, you don't NEED a computer.

the problem the article mentioned about each core communicating with each other and their respective caches could be a real problem, think of it like a building. anyone ever heard of how in the past buildings where limited to about 10 stories by the stone foundations they used and how it would have to get wider and wider to support estra stories, eventually taking up too much room on the ground floors? sounds like what might happen with cache structure. they can't keep adding cache for cores to communicate, so where to now?

nitestick said:
so where to now?

???

Fix that problem, by putting all the cores on one die, and calling it the Core 3 series.

You think Intel is in this for making good processors, or for making money?

nitestick said:
i was merely posturing pointless hypotheticals. didn't think anyone would trap me with reality :eek:

p.s. i've noticed that i've pretty much spammed the forums tonight. i'll have to PM myself a warning

:laughing::laughing:

Do I know what a rhetorical question is???

Homer%20Simpson.png

Well, if you use up a dual core e6600... even at stock... congrats to you :p you must be hardcore! Unless you do video editting and converting all the time, I understand that then.

Deathawk said:
Well, if you use up a dual core e6600... even at stock... congrats to you :p you must be hardcore! Unless you do video editting and converting all the time, I understand that then.

Or maybe you fold 100% when you leave the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom