Your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious why you'd pay $198 for a 4200+ when you can get a C2D for around the same price?? Don't get me wrong, the 4200+ is a nice chip :) .

Edit: I noticed you said because of the ram. ok :eek:

Mjmitch2 said:
Just curious why you'd pay $198 for a 4200+ when you can get a C2D for around the same price?? Don't get me wrong, the 4200+ is a nice chip :) .

Edit: I noticed you said because of the ram. ok :eek:

Well, Before I looked at his links I would have said because he didn't want to change motherboard. (Because Thats why I didn't).
But After I saw the Mobo link I couldn't tell you.

I would be interested to see in an depth study between preformence increase compared to money spent for situations such as these.
For example, would it had/have been worth it for me to Buy new ram new mobo just for the C2D or would it have been more cost efficent for me to do what I did. Which is just Upgrade the Proc. No new motherboard or RAM.

I only spent 235 for this upgrade from a Winchester 3200+. And I am quite Happy with it. I will see how far I can OC this once the Burn in time is complete.

I really all comes down to money. If you have it now to spend, go for the C2D, if not, try for whats in your price range.

or you can do what I did, buy things slowly over a few months when your budget allowed. My rig was bought piece by piece over a 5 month period.:p

OK... as said in first post. I'm staying away from Intel. Every Intel I have ever used/owned has underperformed or caused system issues. Every one of them. My laptop is an intel and I can't stand it. I am constantly getting frustrated with it... my friend has a similar laptop with a different GPU and an AMD CPU that matches mine. That thing blows my intel away during processor tests using sandra 07. They run at the same speed, same cache, same ram, everything.

I'm sticking with AMD.

I know what you said however there are more success stories then stories such as yours. And Im no fan boy, I suggest whatever performs better at that given moment in time.

Yea... not trying to be a jerk, but i would just rather stick with what i know works and works well. My friend just bought the 4400+ and the same graphics card and they work wonders together.

I'm loyal to AMD, and don't plan to change anytime soon. In my previous job I had to fix many computers, and guess what? Everyone that had processor problems was an Intel. It's all personal preference, and I'm not telling people all Intels are bad, but in my experience I have had to fix some of the most gnarly problems I've ever seen. Also, my laptop also runs an Intel chip, and I had to lower the performance settings in the BIOS just to get it to boot. I think it is notably slower than my roommates AMD laptop. AMD runs cooler, has more operations per clock, and I don't plan to buy Intel until AMD goes out of business.

Please, don't post a response like: "But you n00b Intel's are more better than AMD now!!!!!111!!111!!1" I know right now the top of the line Intels blow AMD out of the water; but not everyone can afford a C2D. The AMD single core I run now is cooler and faster than the same model Pentium, and I have NEVER had it act up, even while OC'ed. Plus I don't usually edit video while I'm playing CS:S.

</mini rant>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom