ECS KN1 Extreme CHECKSUM ERRORS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty2991

Solid State Member
Someone please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered the CPU/Mobotehrboard combo deal from newegg which is an ECS KN1 Extreme and AMD Athlon 3400+, I got everything hooked up and a got an error saying
"CMOS Checksum error -Defaults Loaded
Please re-settings the CPU frequency in setup"

Anyway I changed the frequency fixed all the regular BIOS options (date,time, startup order, ect.). Restarted with no error but I gotthe option of either pressing F1 to continue or go to safe mode, I continued only to see a blue screen flash fast and then reboot, it does this EVERY SINGLE TIME, safe mode also. Ive tried everything I know of, I concluded the motherboard was faulty but is it just what Im using?

With the CPU and motherboard I had a,

eVGA Geforce 7600gt 256MB PCIe
x1 512MB Crucial Technology memory stick
x1 256MB Crucial Technology memory stick
(I started up with only 1 stick in)
Linksys fast ethernet adapter 10/100/1000 MB
Western Digital 120GB HDD
and my Dvd and cdrom

I ran memtest and so far no errors so it must be good (im using it in this machine right now). Someone said to load failsafe defaults but I never did find "Load Failsafe settings" in the Pheonix Bios settings I saw Load Optimized Defaults and load Standard defaults, i also reset the bios a couple times with the same error.

btw, should I go ahead and send away for a replacement or get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138248
I dont want to wait another week for it and have the same **** problem, someone please help!

cheers

shifty

the thing is I shouldnt have to its brand new ordered, anyways I sent it back for a replacment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom