My computer shuts down abnormally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deelip

Baseband Member
My computer shuts down with in each 8-10 minutes automatically. I dont have any idea what is the reason.
What may be reason of this problem.
I really need help guys.

overheating? ram problem? psu problem? we need details. what are your system's specs? do you have a program to monitor temperatures?

Does it start up again and remain on for another 8 - 10 minutes, or do the time intervals get shorter each time?

15" samsung monitor, 40gb hdd , 256 ram, celeron processor.
thats is my pc spec.

When pc shuts down it took about 2 minute to start again. and run conteneously for 2-3 hour sometimes and shuts down again on 5 minute sometimes.

hmmm... have alot plugged into the same outlet.. i jsut learned about brownouts in a+ class and i think i might smell one....

deelip said:
15" samsung monitor, 40gb hdd , 256 ram, celeron processor.
thats is my pc spec.

When pc shuts down it took about 2 minute to start again. and run conteneously for 2-3 hour sometimes and shuts down again on 5 minute sometimes.

Ok, sounds like a power problem. I would either guess your PSU is about to die, or, like Theyoyokid303 said, you may have too much on one outlet/breaker.

i would have to agree with these guys. try plugging your pc into another outlet, if you are like me you most likely daisy chain power strips as a bad habit and a few strips down you lose power. if another outlet dosent work, then test it with another power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom