newegg vista coupons??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what class you are taking, but it sounds like you are being misguided.

XGL is an xserver that utilizes OpenGL.

Compiz is a window decorator that uses the OpenGL support of the Xserver to make windows and such wobbly. It can also make wobbly windows, etc using AIGLX which is an OpenGL implementation for the standard Xorg X server. It can also utilize the built-in support for OpenGL stuff in the beta Nvidia drivers.

Compiz uses EITHER:

XGL

AIGLX

Beta Nvidia drivers

And again, XGL has nothing to do with games at all, other than the fact that XGL uses OpenGL and so to games, but other than that, they are not related and have nothing to do with eachother.

Games work in Linux. Doom 3, Quake 4, UT2k5, soon to be UT2k7, ET:QW. It is not the fault of Linux that makes there be less games for it, it's the developers. The "emulator" you are talking about is Cedega, which can be found at www.transgaming.com and the games that work in it, work fine. It doesnt slow your computer down. It's actually not even an emulator...

all i know is we had to instal linux in order for XGL to work and alot of games wont work with it because it required linux and alot of games arent made for linux.

i know its not linuxes fault its just that the games were not made for it

idk much about linux yet (still learning) but form what ive read and benn told there is a windows emulator you can run on linux for the applications that are made to work on windows os only. for example alot of games that wont work on linux will if you have an emulator.

and im almost positive running an emulator in the background will use alot of resources so if you dont have a pretty decent system it should slow it down a good bit

That "Spinning Cube" looks really stupid.. and not really that useful..
I saw it before.. and don't really like it.

Kdar said:
That "Spinning Cube" looks really stupid.. and not really that useful..
I saw it before.. and don't really like it.

None of it is useful. It's just eye-candy. If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom