Can Google see what in your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmillarkat

Baseband Member
I have a question that is really bothering me. My husband said that Google can see whats on someone else computer, ie..e-mails, info etc, he said he knows everything that is on mine.

Is this true and if so how do I find this out, as he is definetly not computer savvy to do this hisself.

Thanks

PS: I have nothing to hide LOL...just curious as to weather there is a program such as this on Google???

Google wont know your emails or anything like that and I don't think there's a Google program that does that either.

if he was knowing whats in your emails etc then he has installed some program to do it.

Thanks Shatter,

Like I said he is not computer savvy, but ya never know who he talks to on his forums. Oh well you answered my question and Thank you for responding , it just made me feel like nothing was private here :-(

question him about it ask him to prove he knows something.

if you also choose save passwords for anything or remember me for applications obviously he can just login as you.

He could also have installed a keylogger which monitors everything you type, does he go on this forum? if so its possible he asked such a question and someone gave him a link to get such a program.

Well I go online and have to put in everything nothing is left out for him to see. He doesn't go on this forum at all, not any Computer forums. As for a keylogger, he doesnt even know what that is.:)

Thanks again I will make sure nothing is left for anyone to see or log in with.

I meant to mention he has his own computer and doesn;t go on mine, well except at work, when I'm not there he may go on mine at work, but doesnt have PW's to get in anything, although the other day I went to go into Yahoo and it said my PW was changed, and I did not do it...so had to get a new one, that was weird.

LOL NOOOOOOO I am not, it's just that I thought I had privacy on here and he says he can see what I'm doing (and nothing bad heheheh) I do web work etc.... just curious.....:p

its not possible with google alone unless you have setup a website that runs from your computer and is very badly configured security wise.
typically for someone to gain access to files on another persons computer without their knowledge then would need to hack into that computer or gain access with a trojan or virus of some sort; none of which is legal and certainly isn't easy for the layperson.

Thanks MrCoffee,

I didn't think so myself, but he was so adamant ...and the only reason it bothers me is I dont care to intrude on anyone elses privacy, and would like same for myself. Just curious as he was so sure, I quess I will have to ask him to show me...and BTW he is a Layperson, he actually can read forums and mail, not to say anything bad but msakes me feel dumb LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom