DVD rom does't work well

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
I just out my new creative audigy LZ and pioneer DVD rom on my pc ,when i play dvd ,the sound is lagging .(even with others dvd)

then i try to play divx movies with my cdrw ,there is some distortion sound come out of the speaker( i am sure is not the sound card and speakers problem ).

I think it is because the connection of IDE cable with my motherborad .I set my DVD rom as Secondary Slave and My CDRW as secondary master .

Pls help !!! thanks !

my motherboard is Asus A7N8x

madking153 said:
I just out my new creative audigy LZ and pioneer DVD rom on my pc ,when i play dvd ,the sound is lagging .(even with others dvd)

then i try to play divx movies with my cdrw ,there is some distortion sound come out of the speaker( i am sure is not the sound card and speakers problem ).

I think it is because the connection of IDE cable with my motherborad .I set my DVD rom as Secondary Slave and My CDRW as secondary master .

Pls help !!! thanks !

my motherboard is Asus A7N8x

First of all, try downloading the latest sound drivers.

Second of all, double-check to make sure that you did everything correctly, because with computers, you never know. :p

Good luck!

I just bought the Creative Audigy LZ ,so the driver of sound is good . When i play DVDs ,the video is ok, just the sound is lagging . Now even i use my CDRW to play divx/vcd, i can hear some distortion or noise (zziiizizzzzz).But when i play movie in my harddisk ,everthing is good !??

pls Help

What kind of processor do you have and how much Ram??

It looks like it is using software to run your DVD videos, performance is based on those two components.

also, make sure the drive is in DMA mode and not PIO mode. also update the sound card drivers. it doesn't matter if the sound card is new or not. when they released it, the may not of realized there were problems with different configurations, so its not unnatural to see driver upgrades right after its release. really it doesn't matter if normal mp3's off the HDD perform with no problem, the reason being different formats. you may want to look at what happens if the DVD software is updated and use another play center. also, what DVD playback software do you use? Exactly what MODEL pioneer and soundcard do you have? Give us software AND hardware details.

My Cmputer Spc :

AMD athlon XP 2400 +
512MD DDR Ram PC3200
ASUS A7N8X
Asus GF FX 5200 128MB
Creative AUdigy LZ
Pioneer DVD Slot (dont know the model -but is new one)

Thansk for the reply .Can you explain about the DMA mode and PIO mode ?thanks

I played the avi movies for hard disk everything is fine ,but when i played avi movies with my CDRW , it got the problems like when i play DVDs .(the sound )

well, considering you specs I would DOUBT it, but if you want to check its in device manager. In there goto IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and go into primary and secondary IDE and check in the advanced. Should be set for DMA if avail and the mode SHOULD be DMA (that direct mem access) and not PIO (programmed input/output). PIO takes up ALOT of processor time, so its a lagger. However, like I said I dont think thats an issue. I'd still update all drivers, update the software used for DVD playback or use a different theater format, and try directx update, too... although I dont think that may help TOO much...

oh, also a list of whats running. just goto admin and check services to see what is automatic/enabled/or running.

when you plugged the system in, which connectors are you using for the audio interface? The Analog 4 wire plugs or the SPID 2 wire? This can be the issue. There was a problem with SPID on the Audigy 1 cards that caused this sratching sound to come from the speakers.
Try playing a normal CD in both drives and see what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom