How do I wipe my hard drive???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one way to make data unrecoverable. Even writing zeroes, computer forensics would be able to recover data due to magnetic residual traces. The only way is to write over it. That is what killdisk does. It writes a patter of 1's and zeroes in multiple sweeps. That way when zeroing out a drive, if a zero was once a 1 it will still have residual trace. But if killdisk comes bye and writes patterns, say like this:

0000 0000 1111 1111 0000 1111 1111 0000 0000 0000 1111 1111

etc and then the next sweep reverse it, then if they ever do recover the data it will be completely scrambled mess and unrecognizable as nothing but crap. After that, you can write zeroes and they can try to pick it up all they want from forensics, it'll be nothing but a bunch of garbage.... that is until they get more sophisticated and touchy equipment...

why fire? wouldn't a sledgehammer do the trick? what about trying to opening the hard disk and scratch up all the platters?

Personally, I would love to take works ANGLE GRINDER to it.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.............! RECOVER THAT!!!!!

lol smash the stinking thing then cut in pieces , then feed it to a wood chipper :) .Take those pieces and grind them to a powder with a millstone .Take the powder mix it in some cement and make a statue or pour a padio :)

dunno if u already wiped ur drive....but this is how i erase everything on my comp. Well first off, i use XP, so it might be a little different. First u goto find your old OS CD. Then, restart your computer and goto setup right before the OS boots up. Then make your CD drive run before your hard drive. Then put your CD in and restart. When the comp reasd the CD, itll bring you to an OS reinstall thing. Look at the menu at the bottom and see where it says delete partition. If u delete it, itll ask u if u wanna reformat ur comp. say yes, and itll erase basically everything including your OS.

how about getting a blow-torch and blast the f..............crap out of it!

oblivion, you recieved over 45 gig of data through the network?

maybe do about 100 formats, use killdisk, PM, then reinstall

ekÆsine said:
why fire? wouldn't a sledgehammer do the trick? what about trying to opening the hard disk and scratch up all the platters?

Fire would be more fun for me. Actually....if anyone would like me to set fire to their drive(s)....the going rate is $5.00 USD. (You also pay for shipping) You can't beat that! I'd do a great job too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom