Video Card of Monitor problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fricxion

Beta member
i got home from work today and tried to play some WoW(World of Warcraft :D) after about 10 mins of playing my screen went insane and then my computer freezes and restarts. now my screen is looking like this, http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/fricxion/a.jpg

i tried hooking up my old monitor and the effect didnt go away, so my guess is the video card, but im computer illiterate so i might be wrong, any help would be appreciated.

The same thing happened to one of our laptops at work, it was because the monitor connector had come loose, and wasn't making proper contact.

Make sure the monitor is connectesd firmly, and that the graphics card is properly seated in it's slot.

If it's neither of those things, it COULD be the graphics card, or it might even be a knackered connection between the slot and the mobo.

Hope that helps...

That looks like a gfx card problem to me. If it was the monitor cable, then the whole screen would be affected.

i agree it must be a gfx card problem. try replacing the card with a spare just to test if it is the gfx card. if the problem is still there is could be a driver or software issue or it could be a problem with ur PCI-E or AGP port.

also maybe try turning off 'write combining' and lowering the 'hardware acceleration' and see if there is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom