Computer Login Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvana89

In Runtime
I have a problem that I was hoping someone could help me with.

Whenever I get to the login screen I have to IMMEDIATELY enter my password and login on as quickly as possible. If I wait for more than 5 seconds or so then when I enter the password it acts like it's starting up but it just sits there.

The little orange light that blinks on my comp (when you're PC is doing something) stops also. On a normal start up the orange light is blinking extremely fast....also whenever I start a program....anytime the harddrive is being used I guess.

But for some reason the PC just....freezes, for lack of a better term, and doesn't load my settings. It just says it is.

Any suggestions?

I can't remember the last time I could turn on my comp. w/o having this problem. I let it go on for a while before even asking this question. I'd say it's been at least 8 months.

I don't know what I could have done to create this problem. I just recently switched my 512mb and 256mb ram. I put the 512 closer to the cpu and 256 farther away. But I've had this problem longer.

I use ccleaner to get rid of history, cookies, and other stuff. It can also fixes "issues" as it calls them. It has to do with registry integrity. It gets rid of missing shared DLLs, w/e those are, along with other things. It asks me if I want to back up my reg. before I clear those but I never have....the multiple times I've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom