Installing Vista on current XP machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Cosmos

Baseband Member
To install Vista in addition to XP Pro (just to try it out), do I have to make a separate partition for Vista or can both OS's installed on the same logical drive (C:)?
I have a little over 17gb free on my drive. Using partition magic I can only create a partition 6.2gb big, but Vista needs at least 6.8gb free.
I would like to just install on C:, but since this is my office computer I don't want to screw anything up.

Give me advice :-D.

Josh

Cant be installed with XP on same drive. Also with Vista it may say that it needs 6.8 but it will give you a hard time for anything less than 20GB.

Since ti is a Office PC i would advise against it. Since it is still Beta and some parts are still buggy you are better of waiting till Jan when it is released to give it a run.

Makaveli213 said:
Cant be installed with XP on same drive. Also with Vista it may say that it needs 6.8 but it will give you a hard time for anything less than 20GB.

Since ti is a Office PC i would advise against it. Since it is still Beta and some parts are still buggy you are better of waiting till Jan when it is released to give it a run.

agreed ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom