newegg vista coupons??

Status
Not open for further replies.
on their website, it says you get a coupon with the purchase of xp pro retail or home oem...there may be others, but im not sure. so i was wondering if anyone knew how much they were for since im building a computer soon and it would be nice to get a price break for vista just for buying xp (which was already gonna happen)

I'm gonna wait at least a year on Vista

there's bound to be a ton of problems with security and drivers.

I'm running it on my other computer and I dont think a wireless adapter exists that has drivers which will work on the 64-bit version.

And I'm hoping piracy will prevail.

they have a patch for certain GUI based linuxes called XGL i think.

it is really pretty like vista and has the whole cube feature where you can switch screens. its free but idk bout gaming on it

fade2black2004 said:
they have a patch for certain GUI based linuxes called XGL i think.

it is really pretty like vista and has the whole cube feature where you can switch screens. its free but idk bout gaming on it

XGL is an X server built on OpenGL, it renders windows and things, it has nothing to do with games. It's not a patch for games, you must have XGL and Cedega confused. Cedega will run most Windows-based games on Linux, but it has nothing to do with XGL.

There are games that have native Linux versions, including:

Quake 1, 2, 3 and 4, Doom 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolf:ET, all of the Unreal series, including the upcoming UT2k7. ET:QW will also have a native Linux version.

Remember -> You don't need Windows to run games, the game developers write games for Windows. If they kept making games for Linux, Linux may become the next gaming platform, and people will be saying "you need Linux to play games" ... It's all up to the developers, unfortunately. At least we have ID Software and Epic on our side. :)

no i thinking of XGL we just put it on one of the computers in my computer enginering class. which required us to use linux scosie (sp?)
but it also works on obuntu (sp? again)

and alot of games wont work on linux right now. unless you run some type of emulator which i hear really slows down yorur computer

we also figured out that all newer Nvidia cards have this feature built in it already you just have to figure out how to enable it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom