Building/Buying a new gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCGames

Solid State Member
Hey, I got around $700 to spend on a new pc, which I will be using mainly for games (world of warcraft mostly) and I cant order from newegg (I dont live in the US) so I was checking out some websites and found this for £450 (around my budget) and Im wondering if its decent enough to run world of warcraft or similar games smoothly - specs are :
Intel Pentium D945 3.4GHZ 4MB CACHE
1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667 MHZ
ASUS SKT-775 P5VD2-MX S/V/L M-ATX 1066
200 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB
ASUS 256MB GeF 7600GT SILENT PCI-E SLI
^ It seems like a decent deal and I plan on OC'ing the processor a little if I do go for this system.
Also : if anyone could reccommend a website where I can purchase parts for a decent cost - which delivers to the UK- I would be grateful :)

If you're going intel, I suggest you go for the conroes instead of Pentium D. They're not good dual cores. You can check out the e6300.

Well, there is also a similar spec computer which is :

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6400 1066FSB SKT775
ASUS SKT-775 P5VD2-MX S/V/L M-ATX 1066
1GB DDR2 PC2-5300 667 MHZ
XpertVision 256MB GeF 7600GT DVI PCI-E SLI
200 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB

Which is basically the same price as the other system, would this be sufficient to play WoW( or similar games) with settings at mid levels or so?

b1gapl said:
That will play WoW like a piece of cake, at high settings.
Ok thanks for the advice and all, I think Ill go with the 2nd setup then :)

Ya actualyl both will play Wow just fine, If you don't ahve a lot of money then get the first one its a good rig, and it will be able to play most of the new games, and Wow on high. If you do ahve the extra money however, get the conroe rig since it is more future proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom