Graphics Card Issue...i think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanC

Solid State Member
some how my video card driver got uninstalled and i am unable to play a game called Ragnarok Online, i 1st thought ok well lets do a roll back, but when i do a roll back i get the "blue screen of death" so that doesnt work, then i decided to do a system restore.... and low and behold i forgot to turn system restore on so the ONLY restore file i have is from when i got my computer (i would loose ALL my data, and this is something i would like to avoid), then i decided to install the driver, i looked on google for hours for the driver found a few but they did not fix my problem.

the problem i am haveing is when i go to open the window it opens for a breif second and then closes, i posted the problem on the games fourms and was told it was my graphics card (Intel (R) 82865G Graphics Controller)

now i will describe the problem for you to try and make it clearer

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noresci8.jpg the dropdown menu's ABOVE and BELOW "Full Screen" should have things in like (one being my screen resolution the other one i forget), but low and behold its not there

i was also recomended to install Direct X 9 so i downloaded it and when i go to install it asks me WERE i want to install it..... i dont know were to install it -.-

if you can help me get this working super!

was also recomended to install Direct X 9 so i downloaded it and when i go to install it asks me WERE i want to install it..... i dont know were to install it -.-

Thats where you want to extract it. Put it in somewhere like c:\temp\dx9.. then go to that directory and run the setup (you wont have to restart your comp)

So onto your onboard graphics problem..

Try the latest one from intels site

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=1044

If that doesnt work try the drivers from your Motherboards site.

So, what does device manager look like? Does it have a ? next to video driver? (little yellow round one)...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4866/001tq2.jpg thats what my Divice Manager shows

when i try that installer thing i get a message saying this "the driver cannot be installed on this computer. Please contact the computer's manufacturer for further information. Setup will now exit."

so that drive didnt work :mad: this is makeing me mad :angry:

Let's clarify just a bit... are you trying to install Video Card drivers, or Chipset drivers?
And, have you checked event log for app failures when the Game fails to load?

Let's clarify just a bit... are you trying to install Video Card drivers,
or Chipset drivers?
I was told by the admin of the game it was a CARD issuee...

And, have you checked event log for app failures when the Game fails to load?
there are none (well from the game) or from the card.

Funny how an admin of the game says it's a CARD issue, and you don't have a CARD installed. You are running onboard video, a.p.k.a. "chipset".
One more thing... I noticed you have WinVNC installed... is the service mode of vnc running perhaps?
There's a slew of things it could be man, just trying to narrow it down.

i looked at it and didnt see anything about "Service Mode" however it says its enabled, should i disable it perhaps?

ok ill give it a shot and PRAY it works

THANKYOU VERRY MUCH!!!!! IT WORKS :D:D:D:D:D:D *jumps up and down*

now if you dont mind, could you explain what that thing does? (so that if a nother program runs into a problem i know that its THAT program that caused my problem....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom