Nvidia Geforce 7300GS Trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.

criss

Solid State Member
Hi,

My friend recently had to reinstall windows - completely reformatting the hard disk. Ive managed to get it up and running again, but getting drives for his Geforce 7300GS is proving a problem.

He's running XP media centre edition - so im getting 91.47 forceware through nvidia.com, but while its unpacking itself it comes up with :

"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file and verify its integrity. and try again."

Tried to get another copy - but most sites lead to the 91.47 model....which says the same thing

Can anyone help ?

Thanks ! :D

He just reformatted, I don't think it's a space issue.

Delete the file you downloaded, then delete your browser's cache and history. Then try downloading again. Might work.

Hehe, thanks for the info. Right, cleared out web cache/ history / temp internet files etc, still the same problem - downloading it thru IE + FireFox.

Ive started the hunt for older drivers...but having no luck at the moment - do any of you guys know when one is of that particular version ?

Thanks for all the prompt help :D

Thanks,

I completely forgot about updating his bloody computer ! ( apparently its one of *those* days eh lol )

Will post if that dosent solve it...duhhh lol

:D

Right..

Computer is updated completely - tried downloading the 91.47, an older version and another random one.

All 3 , downloaded twice each on the 2 diff browsers ( firefox + IE ) come up with that same corrupt message.

Any ideas ? :(

What motherboard does he have? it could be an Nvidia chipset driver problem, have you updated it? or installed the nvidia firewall? as that can cause problems..

also check in firefox or IE for any cookies getting blocked in the settings, and allow them or put the nvidia site in the exceptions list and choose allow.

also check any firewall installed and if nvidia site or the file is blocked and allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom