Software rollout

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrowinski

Baseband Member
Network rollouts

Does anyone know how I can roll out software across the network? I think i've heard its possible by just using GPO in AD.

I'm planning on rolling out Outlook 2003 to every machine in the network.

Thanks
H

A.Logon to your computer with your domain username and password.

NOTE: You must have administrative access on your computer to install Outlook 2003.

B.Click the Start menu button, and click Run.

C.In the Run window, in the Open box, type \\servername\outlook2003$\setup.lnk, and click OK.

NOTE: Make sure that you have typed the correct slashes (i.e. \ and not /).

D.If an Open File - Security Warning window appears, click Open.

E.The Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 window will appear (be patient), and Outlook will install without further intervention. Once the Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 window closes, the installation is complete.

F.Go to the Microsoft Office Updates site at http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate to install necessary patches and updates. Follow the steps to scan your computer and install all listed updates. Return to the site until the scan results report there are no further patches or updates to install.

or you can write a batch file for the users to click on

or push it out via script

Thanks.
But surly that way I would have to install Outlook or get the users to install the software.

I really want to have Outlook install like a windows update. I have seen it with previous networks that I've worked with but I'm not sure how it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom