Vid card overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

In Runtime
ok so i'm playin guild wars and my pc starts to lock up for 4-8 seconds every few minutes.. so i'm like hmm... so i check my vid card temp..... its runnin at 125c ... and it now idles at 86c..... what could be causing this? the fan is working.... any ideas?

Is it overclocked check in your Bios and see what settings you have for your Video. Thats **** hot for sure.

Those temperatures are wayy high. Make sure your video card isnt overclocked more than it should be. Also look on your video card if any screws or bolts came loose that could make the heatsink/fan not be in contact with the gpu.

use compressed air to blow out any dust that might of built up which may clog up the air flow .
also i would buy an extra fan for my system for like $5 bucks if i were u

its not overclocked at all, i'll pull it out and check the bolts on it see if somethin is wrong there

dude! 125c ! u only need 100c to boil water. 160c is like the temp of a fire. im suprised the GFX PCB hasnt melted yet! Might be that the temp sensor on the card is faulty, if it isnt well..... u might aswell go and buy ur self a new card cause IC's only have a operating temp of -25c to 95c. so i bet there are a few million transitors that are expriencing the firey shores of ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom