Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
I've overclocked my processor from 2.14 ---> 3.2 ghz {E6400} (my specs are below)

Anyways when I restart my computer, it powers off and then powers on again. This only happends when I overclock it, whether I overclock a little or a alot, it always does it. Is something not stable? Or do you think this is a property of my motherboard, PSU? Thanks.

this is a trait of overclocking...a trait of course for finding your comps sweet spot. You may be able to keep the cpu where it's at, but then crank up some voltage for your ram.

It's all a game we have to figure out...so different due to different ram types and mobos

dood, only up the fsb by like 2 mhz at a time... never jump up that high. u need to reset your cmos and start oc'ing from the begining. look in your mobo manual to find out how to reset it

I did start out overclocking it slightly, it still would shut it self off when it restarted.

i think i have he same exact problem.... its not really a problem.. just weird i guess.

when you get done oc'ing in bios, and you save changes and stuff it completely powers down to reset right?? because mine does the same.

it might just be some feature on the motherboards or something

i had the same problem too. i believe its only when you change voltages though, not when you change the fsb. i don't think its a problem its just something that it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom