2.9ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
i'm running the cpu in my sig @ 2.75ghz right this minute. i set the bios v. for 1.475 but it does more like 1.52v under load. max temp is 49 or 50ºC. here's the deal:

I was just trying to see how high I could get it to post at and I got it to post and boot into windows at 2.9ghz:eek: but at 1.55v...under load, it went up to almost 1.6v:eek:.... and the temps got above 55ºC, so I stopped the torture test. because of this, i'm not sure if it's stable at that configuration or not.

is it worth it to spend $40 or so on a better HSF (I'm using stock HSF) to [maybe] run at 2.9ghz? is the performance increase worth the money?

also, theoretically, which would be faster?:
RAM @ 220mhz @ 2.5-3-3-7 or
RAM @ 230mhz @ 2.5-4-4-8?

that's what I thought. besides, i ended up getting the memory to run at 230mhz at 2.5-3-3-7, 1T timings.

Chips are supposed to be 2.5-4-4-8, and were autodetected that on my old motherboard (Foxconn), plus they would only run at 2T.

On my new DFI Inifinity mobo, they automatically run at 2.5-3-3-7, 1T, even when overclocked. Pretty awesome.

I gave up an trying to get my CPU 2.9ghz stable. I had it hitting 1.6v on load and temps were getting close to 60º and it would still restart a few minutes into the stress test. 2.75ghz will do.

molsen said:

is it worth it to spend $40 or so on a better HSF (I'm using stock HSF) to [maybe] run at 2.9ghz? is the performance increase worth the money?

That's up to you to decide. To the hardcore overclocker, 40$ for a better OC would be worth it. Is it worth it for you?

You won't see too much of a difference between those memory configurations.

I would spend the extra money. It's going to endup being beneficial to all your hardware anyway, plus that temp is a little high for 24/7 use. You probably will notice aslight preformance boost from 2.75-2.9.

well i'm not going to run at 2.9ghz if i don't get the cooling, so temp. is not an issue right now.

a "slight" performance increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom