Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I bought some new memory and so far havent been able to get it to work. When I put it in and start it up it says that it is the wrong type of memory and to make sure that it is PC800 RDRAM 40nc or higher. What I bought is SyncMAX SM256R368T - 845 256MB/8 non-ECC. So should this work, or is this memory I bought not compatible? If you need to know more, ask and I'll tell you everything I know or can find out. Thanks.

MoMan813 said:
I bought some new memory and so far havent been able to get it to work. When I put it in and start it up it says that it is the wrong type of memory and to make sure that it is PC800 RDRAM 40nc or higher. What I bought is SyncMAX SM256R368T - 845 256MB/8 non-ECC. So should this work, or is this memory I bought not compatible? If you need to know more, ask and I'll tell you everything I know or can find out. Thanks.
\

Is this memory generic? I cant find any information on it via the model or brand name.

Sure! If you can tell me where to find that. Is it on the motherboard itself or is there another way i can get it?

MoMan813 said:
Sure! If you can tell me where to find that. Is it on the motherboard itself or is there another way i can get it?

The number should be written on the motherboard iself. If you still have the box it would also be on that.

Well I see several different numbers so I guess I will list them all.....here we go....

D8/N CN-03T622-48111-29U-00UP C/O CN
AA A85540-702
DELL REV.A00

Well on the component sheet the only thing I see that slightly resembles what you said is....DIM 8200 SERIES, P4, 2.4AGHZ, 533, NTWD, INT. And on the motherboard Intel N82802AB8 A2340401. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom