ie7

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
can anyone tell me what the new ie7 is like cos i have headr that it is still buggy and that some people have had to restart in safe mode and uninstall

I had some installation issues, but that was when I was installing the final build of IE7 over top of the RC1 build. If you only have IE6 now, then you shouldn't have any issues.

As far as actually using the browser goes, I haven't had any problems with it so far and I'm pretty happy with it.

It crashes on me daily, quite possibly due to the content I have loaded for work. Firefox on the other hand does not crash on me, so I mainly use that.

TheMajor said:
It's better than IE6, but it is still nothing compared to Opera :p

I strongly disagree with you

I think that opera is noting compared to IE7 and firefox.

Because IE7 and FF2.0 has all the features that opera has and more.

Also, don't forget that there are a lot of web pages that doesn't render correctly in opera. So, I don't see any reason for anyone to use Opera.

Well i have been a avid Opera user for about a year now and i have to say that isnt correct anymore.

Opera is the ONLY browser to pass the Acid2 test which is set up for Web Standards. Also i have only noticed 2 sites that dont render correctly. C|Net and BetaNews. Both of which are known to be buggy by the Opera coders and they are working on fixing it. (I use the Opera 9.1 Beta)

IE7 doesnt have what Opera does. No choice in theme, no ad blocking. The only thing that IE7 has over OIpera is Fraud Protection. Wait Opera 9.1 will have that also. It is on the build i am using. Firefox only has it with extensions. Sorry i cant agree with you at all on this one.

As for the question asked. I think IE7 is good. It is a world over better than IE6 but there is still room for improvement. Still things that can be fixed. Until Mozilla and M$ get their heads out of their rear and try to get their browser to use some sort of standard, they should always be used as a 2nd resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom