Help Needed with New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hello All, I bought my computer from pc world last year it cost £599 for the tower alone, below are the specs

MICROSOFT XP HOME EDITION SP2
1GB RAM
260GB HARD DISK SPACE
256MB NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD
DVD-RW
MEDIA READER/WRITER
ETC

Ive noticed that when the machine has been on for around 2 hours, or when playing a game, the machine almost comes to a hault, windows desktop slows, can i send you a log somehow? i dont have tiem time to re-format. Thanks

Lawrie

I would make sure that your video card is working correctly. You can do this in the device manager. At least see if update drivers are available.

Another possibility is a scheduled task going on in the background after a set amount of time, or at a certain point (ie. when you start a game).

Hope I was able to help.

Dex

Hi if you mean cpu? i have a pentium 4 processor, i will download the updates for the graphics card, also how do i work out what task might be in the background? would it be easier to send you log?

I doubt it would be a scheduled task, as they usually don't schedule themselves. But to check, go to Control Panel > Scheduled tasks. If there's none there, then there aren't any tasks.

My guess would be virus/spyware, or heat. What are your CPU temps?

Ah yes, heat would do it. Running processor intensive programs such as games would do that. Go into your bios and check the temps.

Alternatively, you can send me a log at dexcarm89 at gmail.com and I will look it over, I'm not sure how much good it will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom