Build Now or Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

destro

Solid State Member
Hi, Im currently looking into building a new rig and though I'm not completely computer illiterate I have been out of the loop for a while. I'm wondering with vista, quad core processing, and dx10 coming out would it be worth it to wait until next year to invest in a new computer. I'm looking at a price range of about $1500 and thinking about getting a e6600 with a dfi board a 7900gto and 2gigs of corsair with PS and new hd that would run me about $1400 or something like that and though I'm well aware that computers constantly upgrade with dx10 and quad core just around the corner would it be worth it to wait for new tech or even just a price drop?

you have two things to contend with if building now... The 8800's coming out in the next couple of weeks... and then the holiday season starting shortly after that (SALES) but if your waiting on vista... I wouldn't... it will be a while before it's ready for the non main stream market... (people like us, who build)

Quad core is coming yes... but again there is nothign set in stone yet saying "2nd quater 07" 4th whatever, blah, blah...

Personally I would get a system together now, on paper, then wait to see what the sales are going to be like... your liable to score once the new cards come out... Just my 2.5 cents

Thanks

Yeah I hear you on the vista thing was just a quick thought, I have my build down on paper, besides the 8800's I wasn't sure about waiting for the whole holiday sales thing but I guess you can't wait forever, thanks for the advice.

kentsfield is supposedly supposed to come out this Q as well as G80, and who knows when vista is coming out. But if your waiting for the new stuff expect a hefty premium, but if you wit for quad core Dx10 the stuff you want to buy may go down in price, like when AMD slashed prices when Coore2Duo came out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom