I added a window fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I had one window fan already, but I wanted to add another 80mm to help cool my video card.

I used an 1/8" carbide cutter attached to my dremel to cut the hole. I put like 3 layers of masking tape crossing eachother on both sides. It didn't leave one crack or anything in the plexiglass, so that's good. :)

I know it's not very round, lol, but I did the best I could.

Hpim0569.jpg

Hpim0570.jpg

Hpim0574.jpg

It may not be very pretty, but it dropped my videocard board temp about 10*C, and dropped the GPU like 6 - 8*C at idle, I haven't tested full load yet.

What do you think?

Speaking of crappy airflow, that bottom fan doesn't move air nearly as fast as the top fan. Weird, because it came out of a powersupply...

all my case fans suck.. never go with raidmax...... i'm looking to buy 3 silverstone fans when my check rolls in.. i found some 100+ CFM fans... so that should help alot... because a scythe ninja is crap useless without good airflow

Wow! It dropped the GPU temp about 14*C!

It used to max around 88*C, today it maxed at 74*C after a few hours of BF2. :D

i have that same case, CrazeD (or at least the same brand with the same innards and side window). i've always thought another window fan could be beneficial, but wasn't sure it'd be worth it. it appears it just might be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom