DSL-G624T - Call of Duty 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evangael

Solid State Member
Hi everybody!

I was hoping that i could find my solution to my problem over here.

The thing is that i've recently bought a new router+modem; G624T (D-Link). This device works great for normal applications and games (like css). But when i boot up CoD2 i have to have for like 2 min (at the splash screen).

I've noticed that the problem occured when the router was active for the first time. What gave me a second clue was when i disabled my connection (LAN-connection), the game booted up like it should, in a second.

I've tried opening ports like 28960 etc.. but no luck.
My computer is also connected trough a cable 100Mbps and this cable has always worked!

My specs:
AMD 2800+ XP
ASROCK K7VM4 (VIA Chipset)
1024 MB SDRAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro edition
SoundBlaster Audigy
Maxtor 120 GB, Western Digital 40 GB
MS Windows XP Pro
F-Secure Anti-Virus

(I tried reinstalling the game 3 times already)

Thanks

I've enabled UPnP on Pvc0 and on the 'Virtual Server' page i've defined a user rule named "CallofDuty2" that opens the following ports:

20500 UDP
20510 UDP
28960 UDP
28960 TCP

The router has NAT, DHCP, DNS configuered.
It's a modem and a router. So it has the configuration of our ISP, and the only thing that it does more is provided, each pc plugged into it, an IP address.

The game appeares like it's asking for permission to connect to to Internet. And after 1 min i boots up. When i close my connection to the internet and my router, it boots up in no time.

I've noticed that UPnP wasn't enabled the first time but now i have.

Still not working but i thank you for the reply.

Installed the latest patch, but i even tried to boot it up when it was at version 1.0 so no trouble there...

I'll see what happens if i disable NAT.

Nope, it didn't work.

I don't understand :S . I've opened the ports that are required and still no luck. That UPnP is set to pvc0, does it matter if its set to another like pvc1?

Some screenies perhaps:

screen1ol1.jpg

screen2zr0.jpg

screen3rp8.jpg

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom