ATI 9600 stability issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEATH-INCARNATE

In Runtime
hey guys

i recently just got an ATI 9600 128mb AGP card, but i have been having major stability issues it.

when i got it, i downloaded and installed the latest Ati drivers for it, and then as soon as u start a game it crashes, sometimes even when windows is booting up it will crash. i have never had these problems when i was using my nvida fx5600.

i have sort of got some stability when i installed old drivers from january 2004, although most games now seem to work fine, they are prone to crashing sometimes or the screen will just black out for a minute or two then come back on and the game will work fine and then black out 10min later.

Can anybody help?

oh and i did look at some of the other posts on this topic, and i downloaded the omega drivers and i used the driver cleaner but even with the omega drivers the graphics card is still crashing.

I would use the drivers that came with the cd. Uninstall all the drivers and programs that came with it. Then reinstall the drivers that came with the cd.

Hmm.. Thats wierd. Ive heard about some Radeons artifacting and crashing? ATI Were suppose to come out with new drivers. If its possible, try looking on forums for ATI cards and get a new set of drivers.

i have tried various drivers, such as the latest omega drivers, drivers from 2004, drivers from 2005 and i have already tried the latest drivers that ATI has. Though ill try what u say. Maybe ill get lucky. One thing is for sure, IM NEVA BUYING A ATI CARD EVER AGAIN!

Ati's are great cards dont get me wrong. Ive just heard of artifacting issues with there drivers and software. No clue what it could be. Although I am selling a Nvidia 7600GT pci express x16 card if you want. lawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom