Gaming Performance Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChingChong23

Baseband Member
First this is for a Gaming computer, i play alot of games and wanna be very pro (just went out and brought Logitech G7 mouse lol so much money for a mouse

i have a few questions that i need answer to thanks

1. My crap system is in my sig.. now i have around 140USD and will get more and slowly upgrade my puter. I need a faster PC well for it to run smoother on games and faster all around. I need help on what to improve in order that will do the most performance. (in my opion is here..)

1. Upgrade from 512 to 1gb Ram
2. Upgrade Sempron 2400+ to Athlon 3800 or 3700+
3. New Vid Card :( (cost alot of money) whats a cheap decent gaming vid card
and 4. ive looked around for amd athlon 3700+ and 3800+ processors but i cannot seem to find 1 with Socket A because thats my processor right now is socket A and im not sure if my motherboard will even fit these athlon 3800 processors cause i dont see any for socket A they are all am2 or somethin, so im stuck there not sure if i need a new motherboard first, my current motherboard is Asus a7v400-mx can someone please help me, what to upgrade first out of everything (ive finished topping up my case and looks for my computer i just need the inside all good now thanks guys.
Also im from adelaide in australia lol but i can spend USD thru paypal

Well newegg ran out of the 2800 so this is the best processor upgrade u could do with that board if u purchase through newegg if not id say the Athlon 3200XP would be the best upgrade.....and ram id say would b the kingston memory ill link below, and for graphics card your board has agp so id say the 7800 gs would be the best upgrade u could get for that board but your cpu would bottleneck sick.

Memory:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144122

Video Card this one wont get bottlenecked as much:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150198

CPU:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819104204

Sad to say i think its time for a new computer because these upgrades really wont make your pc future proof.

alright thanks, so by a new pc can i slowly upgrade things, say save some money up and firstly get the motherboard then videocard, cause i dont wanna go spending lots of money on a crap motherboard just to suit its fits and then a month later buying new motherboard then new everything, so start me off with a decent cheap motherboard first please, then processor. thanks cause i dont know much

Yes, i just want to get something like a AMD Athlon 3600,3700 or 3800 64bit but are they avalible in socket A? because my motherboard is socket A and if not, can i get any good processor that fits this imput, or just tell me a good cheap motherboard with am2 or with the right socket thanks

also, i play only little games right now like counter strike 1.6 and enemy territory, but i know ET Quake wars is commin soon and will require a good system so i want one thats not gonna be like 30fps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom