I want to build computers locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Now I want to get into building computers for people locally in my town. Like a here and there kinda thing. But my delima is I dont think I want to have all the responsebility of warrantying the machines. Now what is your outlook on this? is it just a flop idea or do a lot of people do this kinda thing?

why not just offer them the warranties that the parts give and then just a shorter warranty on your labour ?

I am takling about like tech support stuff like what dell and others offer. I would assume that the people who purchased my computer would want that same sort of thing.

well if u are proficient in comp problem solving then u can offer them support via e-mail or phone to help them through any probs they may encounter and if u cant find a solution u can always ask anyone here at tf. so if u are interested in building comps for ppl and its feasible go for it. good luck

yea, and the most(well atleast mine) helpful tool for pc problems(software) is remote assistance. gotta love that program, its free, got voice chat, and you can send files, plus every pc has it. just go to run, type conf, and set it up. to connect, they must both have it running, and you have to have the ip address, found at www.whatsmyipaddress.org(the client will go there, tell you the ip, then you connect).

you might consider offering free over-the-phone tech support, and email for the first year, and say if you charge 50$ to install a gpu, or fix a hardware prob, offer them a 10% discound(take it to 40$, kind of a deal)

its not a flop, lots of places do it, ex: i used to work at this pc place, and thats where i got the info thats in the paragraph from above

o ok well that makes me feel a lot better about this. I am going to start my first build for somene else in a couple months. One of my uncles wants a computer. So when he and Another uncle I have ( I know, I have a lot of unlces.) went and got a plasma tv yesterday. He was looking at computers. Well The primary uncle that knows what I do a lot better talked him out of it and he wants me to build him one.

I got a $1000 budget for a full case, and speakers, monitor, and M/KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom