g80? now i'm conufused

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup these thing will make most people buy a new PSU. Im still waiting, I think they meant next november lol for the release

You can always either buy a budget friendly card now that'still ok, upgrade some of your current parts, and then work towards the ATI r600. I imagine it will surpass the 8800s. As of now, I don't see alot of games that will impliment DX10 in the next year anyway.

I say get rid of that .... sempron before upgrading anything else. GO for like a dual core 4400 if you are running a socket 939.

I have to agree with lance. Save your money now. Buy yourself an ok graphics card like a 7900GS or x1950PRO, and use the money you saved to certainly get yourself an X2 and maybe do a RAM upgrade.

Besides, if you dump $600 you could have spent on the above parts into a 8800GTX, everything else in your pc will bottleneck it for sure. Take care of your other hardware first, hold yourself off with one more dx9 card, and wait for ATI's r600 so you will KNOW you made the right choice instead of only guessing you did.

i just need to save my money for my new C2D mobo and ram. by the time i have that done hopefully the r600 will be out or the g80 prices will be lowered.

ya I just went onto newegg and looked at some stuff to "re-hall" my computer.

7900gto
audigy2 ZS
dvd burner
z-5500
G5 mouse

~$650 USD

It is a big chunk of change, but IT would last me about another yearish.

lancec2c30 said:
I say get rid of that .... sempron before upgrading anything else. GO for like a dual core 4400 if you are running a socket 939.

yeah i am, i'm getting an e6600, a larger HD more RAM new mobo (skt 775) etc, i just forgot to mention it!

I've also found a 580w psu that should work ok with the 8800 if i decide to get one (which i probably will)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom