My Computer Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnetello

Beta member
Hi, I know you are all probably sick of this, but can you please analyze my computer? I have no idea what any of it really means. I am willing to do my own research but I don't know where to start. I should also mention I want to upgrade for gaming. What are the core ingredients of my computer that change the performance for videogames? I'm concerned about my CPU now because I downloaded both FEAR Combat and BF2142 Demo, and both lag horrendously, even on the lowest settings possible. I know I have an adequate(not great) video card, but these new games need something different. Any suggestions?

System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1494 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 12/24/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name DON\don1
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 660.88 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.41 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Well you got enough memory, I think it's time for you tp upgrade your Video Card, and you should try to find out more info about your computer.

a lot of the info given there is just generic data about your computer, and was probably generated by windows. Best way you could go about it if you wanted to learn about these sorta things would to either goto the manufacturers site, and view the list of components that make up your system. Either that or open the case, and have a look what's written on any item you want to know about (but dont unplug/change anything if you dont know what youre doing) So for example if you see 'asus geforce 6800' on your video card, then goto google and type in 'asus geforce 6800 review' or something similar. This is probably the best way to find info on any computer parts in this day and age. Enjoy!

TheMajor said:
CPU-Z and dxdiag don't give you that much information. Just some basic stuff.

Right....and if you go through the entire thread, there is info about everest, which will tell you a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom