PC thinks screen is invisible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
This baffles me, if you know anything, please help!

Say I have open a Windows Explorer dialog box. And say I have the internet open too. Occasionally this will happen: I'll go to the internet (Mozilla) and click something. Or try to click something. Whenever I click something, the PC thinks that it's not there, and it will click the things behind it. So I am actually clicking on the Windows Explorer box, or the desktop, or whatever is behind my internet.

So this is QUITE aggravating. I have to close it and start over whatever I was doing.

Another thing though...I noticed that you can "Alt-Tab" and get to it. Then you can operate things with the keyboard. Still no mouse controls though.

Yes, only Firefox. I'm thinking about reinstalling Firefox, but I'm afraid I'll lose all my bookmarks. I have a TON of bookmarks :).

chevytrucknut said:
Yes, only Firefox. I'm thinking about reinstalling Firefox, but I'm afraid I'll lose all my bookmarks. I have a TON of bookmarks :).

Well that would be the smart thing to do.

Export your bookmarks to a file then after you reinstall import them back in.

Firefox doesn't typically remove your personal files when you uninstall it. It saves them then when you reinstall it your bookmarks and plugins are reinstalled. This is not always good because if you have a corrupt plugin it will be reinstalled with firefox, and this is what it sounds like is happening to you. If after you reinstall you still notice the problem then you will have to manually remove all the firefox files. Let me know I can walk you threw it.

Edit here is the user profile info I was talking about
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom