g80? now i'm conufused

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Well, i had originally decided to wait til the relase of the g80 cards and go for as high end as i could get. I heard they're coming out november 8th, but are they higher end ones coming out at the same time? i.e. 8800 or will i have to wait even longer for one of them? some people i've talked to have said that the higher end versions might not be coming out til may-june. is this actually true or do they have no idea what they're talking about?

from what I have read there are 2 models coming out on that date. the 8800GT and GTX. I know (from reading as well) the GTX is slated for the 450USD range... I haven't seen anything price wise on the GT yet, but I would imagine maybe a 1/3 less? 250-300 range...

Ah brilliant. Well, seeing as i'm saving up for one, i guess i'll go for the 8800gtx.

Ok, second question, what kind of PSU am I going to need for a 8800? is it going to have to be around 700w or will a 500w do?

EDIT: Also, do you need vista to run g80 cards or will they run on xp so i can upgrade to vista later?

"they" suggest a 450W psu minimum... but with all the parts thrown in,.... I would think at least a 550-600W... but it has been said that the card will run on XP, but you will not be able to run DX10... (supposedly)

EDIT: Also, do you need vista to run g80 cards or will they run on xp so i can upgrade to vista later?

lol.

thats like saying "will this toaster toast my extra delicious big-slice home made bread?" its still bread, course it will ;)

sorry, just thought it was a little funny to ask something like that :p

Edit: however, if microsoft bought nvidia, all bets are off :p

eeekkk....sounds all....AGPish. lol. They should call it GTI or GTR. 250-300 range though? That's a comforting surprise. I cannot wait to see some benchmarks.

Raekwon said:
lol.

thats like saying "will this toaster toast my extra delicious big-slice home made bread?" its still bread, course it will ;)

sorry, just thought it was a little funny to ask something like that :p

Edit: however, if microsoft bought nvidia, all bets are off :p

whats a toaster? nah, i dunno, i just have to ask these things, if you dont ask you don't know! but i'm glad it will.

Thanks all for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom