Dx 10 Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup pretty soon youll see 1000W PSU's. But wait for DX10 even though you wont see the full potential until i dont know. 8800GTX or 8800GT which one will you get?

Since im a nvidia lover i think i will go with the 8800GT when it comes out now will i have to upgrade my processor since its a pentium d 2.66ghz? Also will i have to upgrade to windows vista?

You'll need it for DX 10 itself. However they do have a sort of DX10 for windows XP called DX 9L (I believe). I would use this until Vista has been fixed up by the guinea pigs.

bum said:
You'll need it for DX 10 itself. However they do have a sort of DX10 for windows XP called DX 9L (I believe). I would use this until Vista has been fixed up by the guinea pigs.
So pretty much if i dont want to spend the dough on a DX9L that i can only run on Xp then i should just wait until Vista is all fixed up and then buy Vista and a DX10 card?

At first the 8800GTs and R600s will need those beefy power supplies, but as usual, I'm sure they will get around to releasing mid-range cards, like a DX10 equivalent to the X1600 or 7600 by the summer.
I hope anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom