Vista Video codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
I just got my media drive working, and i like vista very much now. theres only one problem, how can I get all the codecs for my videos? some of my videos work, but alot of them that i could play in xp wont work. (mostly the avi and hi def ones) they say the format isnt recognised, or they just play sound.

Also whats an iso mounting program that will work with vista? ive tried elby, alcohol, nero, daemon, etc. im using x64

and how can i get media center to play these movies too? i had this problem in xp but didnt think much of it because i didnt like media center in xp, but i really like vista's media center.

The Divx player wouldnt install, but i did get the divx codecs to install, which got some of the ones that wouldnt play before, but the others still wont play.

(in the beginning all of them wouldnt play, divx got me to where I am now)

Divx got me to where I am now, all of them didnt work before I installed divx codecs. The divx player wouldnt install though, only the codecs. i would get an error near the end of the install. Someone on the other forums said to install the xvid codecs, but the didnt work either.

If you have too many problem, download the 32bit Vista, everything install just fine on this one!

Everythings pretty much fixed except that they wont play in media center. All videos except the corrupt ones (drrrr) will now play in vista, just not media center.

Also does anyone know of an iso mounter that will work with my vista? and link

didnt work, it said this platform is not supported. I had installed daemon tools before and it installed but wouldnt run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom