AM2 Mobo help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
whats a good mobo for AM2 thats not gonna cost a ton, i dont want some like 300 or even a full 200 dollar mother board but i want to have a good chip set and the ability to upgrade in the future.

Also is their a big diffrence between AM2 and intel core duo? Im not gonna spend alot of money on a CPU maybe 130-150 bucks (but it is for gaming) which will give me the best results for now and 6 months down the road when i ahve more money?

price vs power...well, the c2d got loads of power, but it costs loads. amd, got less power, but for way less price. so....go for a c2d mobo, a 6600gt, a cheap proessor that will work with the mobo, and 2gb ram. in a few months when u get money, get the c2d, then get a g8800

OR, if you want to go the amd route, get a msi, dfi, epox, or biostar mobo, a A64 X2 4400+, g80, 2 gb ram.

then, for your first question, EPoX Mobo

AMD used to be kind of gaming, they will likely reclaim the crown some time down the road with a new release, but intel claims everything and then some more with the Core Duo.

just look at the fastest super Pi times for Intel vs AMD these days, sub 9s for intel and just on 20s for AMD's best efforts. (overclocked, not stock)

so basically, at this point in time core duo is just faster, end of story.

Asus M2N-E for AMD

Only the intel "Core" CPUs are faster.

Chipsets that support it:
Nforce 570
Nforce 590
Nforce 4 - revised M/B
975x with newer Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom