Msi K8N USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnr69

Beta member
hi,
I have a K8N MSI motherboard, and I have a problem with the USB. Sometimes, when i connect my iPod, the computer can't recognize it. I know it's not an iPod problem, so I think maybe my USB is messed up. A simple solution to my problem is to restore the iPod, but then i have to transfer all the music again, so I was thinking to buy a PCI USB card, do you think that will solve my problem?

thanks,
Best Regards...

when u plug something else in does it say the same thing?
if so try to update ur USB driver, if that doesnt work buy a new one

I Used to have a Creative Zen micro and had the same problem, sometimes it didnt recognize it. Those are the only things that dont work normally, all the rest is just fine.

thanks..

PD: where can I find new USB drivers. Im running XP SP2

Hey

With the MSI motherboard there is the live update on the motherboard driver disk. Install live update them run it it will first update the live update program itself then you can have it search for drivers either all drivers for all your MSI hardware in your box or just specific drivers you need. It works real good. After it gets the list it will show you the version you have and the version available on the web. Its one of the easiest ways to fix and update your computer it will even do a BIOS update.

Hi,

I just did a BIOS update with MSI live update and worked pretty well, the first two times de computer detected de iPOD. I hope that it continuous that way so I can stop worring on this thing.
Thank you!

Best Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom