best CD-R on earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmg4lktan

Baseband Member
Hi there ...

may i know what's so special about the "MUSIC" CD-R? it cost almost 10 times more then ordinary CD-R ...

is it the best CD-R on earth? :rolleyes: if not ... which is the best?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Best regards from,
pmg4lktan

I use standard CD-R's... and never had a problem no matter what kind of CD I am burning... either audio or data.

As regards price... I get 100 for £20, that is about $32US, $54AUD or E30 (Euro)

I don't bother about getting any special kind of media. One kind of CD does every job. Data, Video, Music Everything. I prefer the brand TDK. I can get 50 CD's for around $29 Australian Dollars. US I think that is about $15. Pretty Cheaps if you ask me.

I only use PNY black diamond Cdr's. Work like a charm at any speed.

I bought 100 pack of maxell on sale for $1- after rebates
48x max 700mb always
always some kind of sale at tech store

LickaMIDIk said:
I don't bother about getting any special kind of media. One kind of CD does every job. Data, Video, Music Everything. I prefer the brand TDK. I can get 50 CD's for around $29 Australian Dollars. US I think that is about $15. Pretty Cheaps if you ask me.

I have heard that the "colored" CD-R/RWs are better and that some work better than others. ie. Black is all-around best, Green for Audio, Red for data... any truth to this?

The reason I ask is because I have heard it from a few different people.

The black CD-Rs are supposed to be better because it absorbs light. This reduces the chance of any beam refraction from the burner, but whether or not you'll notice the difference when you burn cds? who knows...

this is the same idea as the black or dark colored cd trays within the burner itself.

and yes, as everyone has said so far there really is NO difference between a music cd-r and a data cd-r. it's just a gimmick.

as far as what brand to use for the best quality burn...I'd recommend the same brand as the company that made your cd burner. that tends to lead to the best speeds possible on your individual machine (within reason). works with my tdk anyway.

another little trick, if your cd burner has the feature, is to increase the intensity of the beam, creating a deeper impression into the cd. audiophiles swear they can hear a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom